Recent Updates Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
I’m a fan of the answer below.Johnson: “What was your greatest reservation saying yes?” Rex Tillerson: “Senator when I went through all of the analysis, all of the reasons for saying no, which was your question were all selfish reasons so I had no reason to say no” – Rex Tillerson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaM2QKpwY7IAlso, I’m a fan of Rex Tillerson’s skills in diplomacy and building a friendship with potential partners.by
- Can consciousness be backed up?
- Can it be transmitted?
- Can it be preserved?
- How can it be modelled/mapped?
- How can it be duplicated?
- If someone is frozen and survives upon being unfrozen, what is their consciousness like (eg. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/frozen-man-revived-brink-death-found-snow-pulse/story?id=36380318)
What is the most promising method to replace all organs in the body?
a) Is it to use gene editing in combination with stem cells (eg. http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/46810/title/Using-CRISPR-to-Edit-Genes-in-Induced-Pluripotent-Stem-Cells/) to rejuvenate all organs or b) is simply harvesting new organs through a backup body and replacing them all periodically the better approach. c) combine human body parts with non human body parts to maximize lifespan (eg. use synthetic hearts, lungs, livers etc)
I think the likely best long term approach might be c).
However, the major challenge is preserving the brain, which would need to be backed up and perfectly copied to ensure the person was the “same”by
The following traits of some highly successful young entrepreneurs I know:
- They like to test new platforms and hack around
- They like to be early adopters
- They like to build things
- They often have good communication skills
- They are often persusasive
- They are willing to take calculated, high probability risks
- They do big picture thinking
- They are more open to rejection; they’re rebellious and won’t stop at the first “no”
- Sometimes, they like to push the boundaries of what’s allowed
- They like to test limits
- They successful ones often track financials closely
- They are confident they can find a path to success
- They are confident they can compete successfully
- They strike a good balance between persistence and being open to pivot