The following are 7 quick random songs to get in a good mood:
- Reload – Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash, John Martin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W13wdCKlhUM
- Forever – Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDuRoPIOBjE
- Guru Josh Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KnuJZkBjg
- Where the Party’s At: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-1uN3ARdAM
- Kid Cudi Dat New New: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr4yvcwLwKg
- Otto Knows – Million Voices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8jhXmfdRFY
- Wiz Khalifa – Work Hard Play Hard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHNr0BrNgo
I’m interested in helping organizations that provide measurable, and accountable assistance to those who need it.
Leon Apel Kiva
Ideally, I want to help entrepreneurs with time or capital who do the following:
- Create technological solutions to problems
- Employ others
- Perform important scientific research
- Deploy alternative energy solutions
- Deploy biotechnology solutions
- Deploy solutions to protect and sustain environments
There’s many other important issues and some issues may be more important/pressing but I think the issues I mentioned are important ones that come to mind.
Bitcoin: The $14B Primative Crypto Currency
There will be better alternatives that people will use instead of bitcoin.
Bitcoin does have unique advantages including its widespread usage, and including ability to send funds across borders inexpensively.
However, its limitations (eg. unclear regulatory frameworks, unsafe wallets, and slowness in funding) make it very susceptible to better alternatives.
I do think cryptocurrency is here to stay and I think this innovation will be adopted with more credible financial and regulatory backing.
Once the currency falls below $800 there will be panic selling because $600 is the next support level.
The Great Bitcoin Crash?
The following are my guesses as to why it will crash in order of likelihood:
- The exchanges/wallets will be targetted for money laundering
- Banks will shutdown accounts for anyone associated with bitcoin
- Individuals will be targetted for money laundering
- Tax authorities will require onerous reporting requirements
The above is all speculation but all reasons why I wouldn’t touch this.
It’s a pain to buy, a pain to store, and it doesn’t have sufficient protections in place against regulators, hackers etc.
How to Be Charitable: Apply Your Own Oxygen Mask First Before Helping Others.
- Learn how to create/apply valuable technology that helps mankind.
- Start or work for businesses that help others with this technology.
- Generate a profit that will enable you to do:
a) Employ others (create jobs)
b) Invest your profits helping others and creating the next generation of tech entrepreneurs
I belive in the following concept when it comes to charity: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”
I think contributing technological innovation that moves mankind forward is one of the most “charitable” acts.